What is an annotated bibliography? An annotated bibliography is a list of citations of books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a descriptive and evaluative paragraph—the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited and possibly to be used for the speech.Directions: Write an annotated bibliography for three to five sources in preparation for your Week 7 Persuasive Speech. Document the sources using APA standards. Alphabetize by author last name, double space, and use the hanging indentation style.Assignment:Sources should be in alphabetical order by author last name. Cite the book, article, or document using appropriate APA style.Write an annotation that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book or article, gives information about the author, and tells how you might use this information in your speech.Paragraph 1: First, summarize the source. Be sure to put the writing into your own words and avoid plagiarism. Second, evaluate the authority or background of the author. What makes them an authority or expert on this subject? You may have to search beyond the article to find out more about your author.Paragraph 2: Explain specifically how this work might be used in your research paper. For example, it would be good for background, good for discussion of opposite views (state what they are), good for valuable facts and statistics, a good summary to help with your conclusion, good quotations from experts in the field, and so forth.For a sample annotated bibliography, download the Annotated Bibliography Sample document from the Files section of your course.Grading RubricContentPointsMinimum of three scholarly resources: Sources must be from current, reputable publications. 15Correct use of APA formatting: Include full and in-text citations. 15Well written summaries include key details form the sources that may be used in the speech. 20Develop an analysis that explains how and what portions of sources may be used in future speech assignment. 20Grammar and style: There are limited errors with clear and concise prose. 5Total 75
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
What is an annotated bibliography? An annotated bibliograph
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.