We’re about to start to delve into the readings for Essay 1 which we are starting this week. When you are reading I want to you catalogue your own responses and observations (part of the annotation process) and look closely and consider the following:What kind of stories is the author sharing? Why do you think he or she chose to share those specific stories? What is his or her purpose? What do you think is the result of the author being so open about those experiences? What is your reaction to reading those specific stories in the moment? What do you feel as you read them? (Particularly focus on what makes those stories effective or not effective compared to others.)To start our Essay 1 unit, we are reading this week: ‘Where Did That Name Come From?’ by Baratunde Thurston and ‘My Life as an Undocumented Immigrant’ by Jose Antonio Vargas.Thurston, Baratunde. ‘Where Did That Name Come From?’Vargas, Jose Antonio. ‘My Life as an Undocumented Immigrant.’ These readings focus on the authors’ relationship with language as well as their place in society. After you have read and annotated both pieces, please submit an annotation worksheet which I have supplied.You can submit one combined annotation worksheet with the information from each work, or submit a separate worksheet for each piece.To receive full credit, you must fill out the entire worksheet. Notice: the Annotation Worksheet Template has been updated. Once again, the following readings for the week are located in our class reader:’Where Did That Name Come From?’ from How To Be Black by Baratunde Thurston’My Life as an Undocumented Immigrant’ by Jose Antonio Vargas.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
We’re about to start to delve into the readings for Essay 1
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.