Unit 6 Assessment – Diversity in the WorkplaceDue: Feb 18, 2019 at 12:59 AMInstructionsResearch: Demographics in the WorkplaceEvaluation Title: Diversity in the WorkplaceFor this assignment, you are asked to perform some research on the demographics and background of the workplace you will enter (or in which you will continue) after completing your education at Herzing. (Please note: If you are undecided about your field, are not planning on working after graduation, or fall into some other category, please pick a field that most interests you for the purposes of this assignment.)Assignment Details: You are an employee at a company and you are tasked with helping to create a more inclusive and diverse culture. To do so, you must identify problems facing your workplace, and industry in general, and aim to create Points of Pride for your company.These Points of Pride must be best practices that you create based on the research you’ve done regarding your chosen field. They should also reflect knowledge of best practices in terms of inclusive workplace practices from your research as well.This assignment must have a minimum of 4 points of pride. For each individual Point of Pride please include the following:Identified ProblemPoint of Pride (Best practice that you will create to address the problem)Ways to achieve the desired best practices (3-5 action items that can be taken to achieve the Point of Pride)A brief rationale for your idea (Why do you think this will work?)You are welcome to make this assignment as creative as you’d like either in style or content, and you are welcome to fill in details about your company as you see fit in order to explain your Points of Pride. (You may put your ideas into a chart format, use a Word document, include graphics, or present them in some other way. If you have questions, please contact your Instructor.)For example:Identified Problem: Some female employees feel intimidated to give presentations in front of the company because it’s 85% men. Female employees report that they sometimes feel that it’s an “old man’s club” at work, often not being invited to golf outings and other social events.Point of Pride: Increased number of presentations given by women at both local and national conferences. Women report feeling more supported by their employer.Action Items: Work-related social events expanded to include ideas generated by all employees. Employees were asked to put their ideas in a hat and the ideas were voted on at the monthly staff meetings. The employee whose idea was chosen received a nominal award for her contribution.Rationale: This Point of Pride explicitly addresses a common complaint regarding workplace environments. Sometimes, it’s not the equality of work that’s a problem; rather, some of the extra items like social outings can lead a person to feel demoralized and not as part of the group. This specific activity helps to address this problem.Please cite all sources/references in the APA format.Estimated time to complete: 8 hours
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Unit 6 Assessment – Diversity in the WorkplaceDue: Feb 18
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.