The Internal Revenue Service has established requirements for Hospitals interested in becoming considered for 501(r) non-profit tax-exempt status. I agree that non-profit hospitals should be exempt from paying taxes if the hospital understands and follows all guidelines to fulfill the requirements asked of them. An issue that some non-profit institutions face is lacking the ability to produce enough charitable care in relation to their total revenue. I also believe that the non-profit organizations mission is to be able to give back to the community by implementing programs for improvement. It would be wrong to say that the only way a hospital would qualify for such exemption would be through a deficit. If this were the case, heavy burden would be laid upon the hospital to seek other alternatives of funding to help its people or shut down. Due to the lack of trust in non-profit hospitals, continued and increased charitable care within the community must continue. Illingworth and Parmet (2006), notes “Nonprofit hospitals must, of course, be concerned with generating sufficient revenue to maintain themselves, but they are not concerned with earning a return on their investment for the benefit of stockholders. Their purposes are altruistic. Any surplus must be used in a manner that aggrandizes no one, such as for the lowering of rates, the acquisition of new equipment” (pg. 317). Because other hospitals have abused the tax-exempt status, it has caused true non-fraudulent hospitals to be scrutinized and forced to comply under more rigorous guidelines. Nonetheless, those hospitals should have a clear idea on their position as non-profit to avoid any indication of wrongdoings.Reference:Illingworth, P. & Parmet, W. (2006). Ethical health care. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.100 words either agreeing disagreeing or relating to At least one reference
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
The Internal Revenue Service has established requirements f
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.