Discussion: Assessing Suicide Risk
As a social worker, you will likely at some point have a client with a positive suicide risk assessment. Many individuals with suicidal ideation also have a plan, and that plan may be imminent. Even when the risk is not urgent at a given moment, current research shows that most suicides occur within 3 months of the risk being assessed within a formal appointment. Ideation can quickly become a suicide.
For this Discussion, you view an initial suicide risk assessment. As you evaluate the social workers actions, imagine yourself in their place. What would you do, and why?
· Explore an evidence-based tool about suicide risk assessment and safety planning. See the Week 3 document Suggested Further Reading for SOCW 6090 (PDF) for a list of resources to review.
· Watch the Suicide Assessment Interview segment in the Sommers-Flanagan (2014) video to assess how it compares to your findings.
· Access the Walden Library to research scholarly resources related to suicide and Native American populations.
Provide a discussion Post which contains the following topics, content, and headings: a response in which you address the following:
· Identify elements of Dr. Sommers-Flanagans suicide risk assessment.
· Describe any personal emotional responses you would have to Tommis revelations and reflect on reasons you might experience these emotions.
· Describe the elements of safety planning that you would put in place as Tommis social worker in the first week and in the first months.
· Identify a suicide risk assessment tool you would use at future sessions to identify changes in her risk level. Explain why you would use this tool.
· Explain any adjustments or enhancements that might be helpful given Tommis cultural background. Support your ideas with scholarly resources.
Must contain at least 4 references and citations being certain to reference Dr. Sommers-Flanagan
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
SOCW 6090 Week 3 – Discussion: Assessing Suicide Risk
Discussion: Assessing Suicide Risk
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.