Please answer only 1 of the following QUESTIONS, and then include the REFLECTION described below it, in two paragraphs. Try to include examples from the reading, lecture material, or the course blog. Make sure you are precise in how you describe the details of your examples. If it helps in explaining your ideas, you may include personal anecdotes for the reflection.QUESTIONSBased on what you’ve learned from the Ronald Takaki reading and the lecture notes, describe one of the Native American civilizations that inhabited the North American continent prior to the arrival of the English colonizers. How does this description differ from how Native Americans are usually depicted in American popular culture (e.g. compare to movie & TV depictions, TV, sports mascot stereotypes, Disney’s Pocahontas, the movie The New World, which is currently streaming on the VUDU app)?What does Ronald Takaki mean when he describes what sociologists often refer to as ‘the social construction of race?’ Explain how this notion emerged in the early history of the U.S. colonies in relation to how the English colonizers described (in their tracts or writings) the culture of the Irish and then later Native Americans.Explain how and why Takaki refers to Shakespeare’s The Tempest as an allegory for English colonialism and the ‘racialization of savagery.’ Describe the significance of the central characters in relation to Takaki’s REFLECTIONBased on which question you chose to answer, how does what you’ve learned differ from or present a different perspective than what you may have been taught before in school (i.e. K-12 education in the U.S. or primary/secondary school in other countries)?
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Please answer only 1 of the following QUESTIONS, and then i
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.