Length: 450-500 Words, double-spaced.[Please respond to all 3 prompts.]1. Referring to the following pages in Baudrillard’s “Mass Media Culture,” please discuss what “cool” might mean in relation to his ideas about “cultural recycling”(p. 100-102), and consumption as responding to a quiz question (p. 105). (100 words)2. Choose ONE of the characters from the film, I’m a Cyborg but That’s Okay, and discuss and analyze him or her in relation to Harraway’s notion of “posthumanism” in her article, i.e., the continuum between the human and the machine and between the human and the animal. (e.g., Young-Goon, Il-soon, Young-Goon’s grandmother, or any of the other characters in the psychiatric hospital.) Put another way, how would you imagine the notion of posthumanism help the character you’ve chosen to analyze to feel that he or she is okay, though he or she is a machine or an animal? (150-200 words)3. Please discuss A and B separately. You don’t need to connect them in your response. A) Using Richard Dyer’s notion of “stereotyping through iconography,” discuss, in the documentary, Koryo Saram: the Unreliable People, how the mainstream Soviet propaganda films used iconographic images of hardworking Koreans and produce a “positive” stereotype of an ethnic minority group. How do the characters and their memories of the community’s history in the documentary counter or contradict these images? (100 words)B) Using the distinction Dyer makes between stereotype and member-type, discuss how the film, The Tuman River, represents both the Korean Chinese community’s stereotyping of North Koreans—or (intra-ethnic) “racism” against North Korean defectors—and North Korean defectors as “member-types.” (100 words)
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Length: 450-500 Words, double-spaced.[Please respond to all
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.