IntroductionThe Fourth Amendment provides baseline protections that impact procedures for arrests. Understanding how the amendment has been interpreted by courts is integral to ensuring procedural compliance. If there are procedural errors, the case can be significantly impacted. Let’s explore. Some police officers are fond of saying that if they watched any car drive for five minutes, they could find an infraction that would justify pulling the vehicle over. Many DUI detentions occur after 11 p.m. on citations that would not be considered worthy of action in the daytime. At night, an officer will stop a vehicle on the premise of a traffic infraction when the real purpose is to check for alcohol consumption and make a DUI arrest. Your police department is going to initiate this practice starting tonight on your shift, due to several DUIs with fatalities over the last week.Describe how you would look to the legislative branch and how you would look to the judicial branch for guidance to determine if there are any problems with the arrests you have been making.Using Lexis to research for your state, locate two cases that provide insight into the legality of the arrests based on Fourth Amendment interpretation.Summarize the holdings from the cases and how you think the holdings apply to the scenario.Explain the adjustments you would make, if any, based on your research. If you would not make any adjustments, explain your rationale.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
IntroductionThe Fourth Amendment provides baseline protecti
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.