Hi, this paper have a specific structure requirements, reading the instruction carefully and follow it to write this paper pleasetwo reading: you can only use these two readings as references and you HAVE to use two quotes from each reading in each body paragraphs.1. Franklin Foer: ‘Mark Zuckerberg’s war on free will’2. Karen Armstrong:’Home religiosis’ (I do not have the fully reading, so I put the notes for this reading in the attachment and you can use the quotes from there)Question: Karen Armstrong, in “Homo Religiosis,” argues that certain core principles were common among various spiritual traditions dating from the Paleolithic era to the early modern period: 1) an understanding of the ultimate nature of reality as something that suffused and animated all life, objects, and natural forces; 2) a recognition that religious discourse was not to be taken literally or by faith alone, as spiritual understanding could only come through the practice of ritual; and 3) a conviction that religious truths were only accessible when we were ready to give up selfishness and greed, placing others before ourselves. This second principle will be our focus for this paper, as you identify how ritualized action becomes belief. Armstrong writes: “Religion was a matter of doing rather than thinking” (17). Through diverse practices (ceremony, initiation, art, meditation, everyday activities, and so on), adherents experienced the divine and belief was made reality. In “Mark Zuckerberg’s War on Free Will,” Franklin Foer discusses how algorithms and the use of social media can lead to mechanical thinking and a corresponding belief in the “engineering mindset.” Your job is to contemplate the above, taking both Foer and Armstrong into consideration, and then respond to the following prompt:How might the use of algorithms, as well as our current relationship to digital technology, serve as rituals that reinforce belief in the engineering mindset?
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Hi, this paper have a specific structure requirements, read
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.