For this lesson’s discussion, we will be exploring argument.please its should be 150 word or little more, A basic assumption is that argument exists everywhere and that we need to learn to participate productively in all forms of argument, including those we encounter at home, in school, on the job, and in the national and international spheres. Such participation is critical not only in a democratic society but also in a global society, in which issues become more and more complex each year. This course will teach you the skills necessary to be able to identify controversial topics that are ‘at issue,’ to read and form reactions and opinions of your own, and to write argument papers that express your individual views and perspectives.To test the idea that arguments can be found everywhere, in this discussion you will do two things:1) post an example of an argument, and2) explain why it can be defined as an argument.Look for examples in a variety of contexts: newspapers, magazines, online, television, film, music, sermons, other college classes, conversations, other printed material you find at work, at school, and at home.These examples could be letters to the editor, comic strips, bumper stickers, employee evaluations, and advertisements (commercials, billboards, magazine ads, and the like).In your first post(your response to my discussion question), please provide 1) a clear description of the argument, 2) a link to/picture of the argument with a complete source citation in MLA format, and 3) the issue being presented. This is most easily achieved by completing the statement ‘The arguer [fill in the name of whothe arguer is] wants us to believe [fill in whatthe arguer wants us to believe] because [fill in whythe arguer wants us to believe this].’Here is an example of the type of analysis I am looking for:In Dan Piraro’s Bizarro! cartoon, which appeared in the September 12, 2016, issue of the Los Angeles Times, two Colonial-era protestors are holding signs exclaiming ‘Make America Flat Again’ and ‘#Never Magellan.’ In this panel, the arguer Piraro wants us to believe that voting for Donald Trump is voting for the archaic past. Using Trump’s campaign slogan ‘Make America Great Again,’ Piraro exchanges ‘Great’ with ‘Flat’ to highlight his belief that a vote for Trump will return America to the dark ages. By adding a hashtag to the forefront of ‘Never Magellan,’ Piraro is arguing that the flat world past and the current Twitter world (which uses hashtags #) are incongruous.The issue being presented by Piraro highlights the current presidential campaign for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump. His campaign slogan ‘Make America Great Again’ was first parodied as ‘Make America White Again.’ Piraro has taken the slogan even further by exemplifying what he feels Trump means when he wants to make America ‘Great’: Piraro is arguing that Trump wants to return America to a less advanced society in some regards but to keep some of the modern advances, such as Twitter.Source: Piraro, Dan. Bizarro. 9 Sept. 2016, http://bizarro.com/comics/september-9-2016/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
For this lesson’s discussion, we will be exploring argument
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.