Distinguishing reliable sources of health information from those that are unreliable is an important skill for health educators. Consider for example a website that sponsors a claim related to a one-time cure for cancer. What negative implications might this have on the health of those populations that believe the information presented on this website?The following types of questions may assist you in distinguishing reliable sources of health information:Is it promising a quick fix or miraculous cure?Is it supporting claims with testimonials?Is it an advertisement?Is it promoting special supplements?Is it overemphasizing one group, or excluding one or more food groups?Is it touting special properties?Is it claiming that most diseases are due to a faulty diet?Is it targeting special audiences?Is there a profit motive?For this Assignment, download and review the Distinguishing Reliable Sources of Information document and the Does Citrus Help Hearts? articles provided in this week’s resources. Reflect on the criteria used to determine if a resource is a reliable source of health information.Note: In grading every required Assignment, your Instructor uses an Assignment Rubric, located in the Course Information area of the course navigation menu. Review the Rubric prior to completing your Assignment.The Assignment:Compose a 2 – 3 page essay paper using APA writing standards and citations.Summarize and critique the Does Citrus Help Hearts? article by using the Distinguishing Reliable Sources of Information (PDF) document to evaluate the article. Explain if this article is a reliable source of health information and provide specific examples within the article based on the below information. Is it promising a quick fix or miraculous cure?Is it supporting claims with testimonials?Is it an advertisement?Is it promoting special supplements?Is it overemphasizing one group, or excluding one or more food groups?Is it touting special properties?Is it claiming that most diseases are due to a faulty diet?Is it targeting special audiences?Is there a profit motive?Explain if there are any flaws, biases, or misinformation in the article and how this might affect health education practice.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Distinguishing reliable sources of health information from t
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.