Discussion: Community Service Learning Project: With the mid-term behind you (almost) it is now time to start focusing on the final project. This is an opportunity to think out loud with your classmates and begin brainstorming some possible ideas. Please complete a main post in which you address the following?What ideas do you have?What questions do you have?What modifications to the assignment would you like to suggest?Please post a response and reply to the main response of at least five (5) other students.Final AssignmentSpend time thinking about a community service literacy project that you could design. Imagine that you would be applying for a grant for this project. The project should include aspects of community, family, and/or school involvement. The project should also be mindful of the diverse needs, cultures and gender of your students.You will write a four to five page paper due in module seven describing your project. You can use drawings, photos, or any other artifacts to augment your plan. Your idea should encompass the full force of your imagination. If you could imagine an innovative, yet useful plan for increasing literacy in your content area, what would it be? Where do you see a need for literacy activities in your school community or neighborhood? Note to M.Ed and MAAL students:How can you design this project to enhance your final project?What can you come up with that would be feasible, creative, useful, and benefit the children you work with? For further information see websites:IdealistService Learning A recent call for teacher’s grant opportunities in Connecticut (ctreading.org) was phrased this way:Do you promote literacy?Does your teaching directly influence your student’s learning?Are you using current theory?How do you evaluate your students’ learning?Note: The above grant opportunity was offering each teacher applicant $500.00The above questions give an idea of what a grant giving organization might look for. Public school teachers apply for grants to enhance their students’ learning all over this country. The Barbara Bush Foundation gives grants of $60,000 to promote student literacy. The International Literacy Association’s website is rich with information on literacy and literacy grants.In our case, and for the purposes of this course, we are looking for funding ideas that would promote literacy and include either the family, the community, or the wider world. Please tie your proposal to your specific content area.Gather your thoughts, look at the web resources listed above, and come up with an innovative literacy activity that might be funded by state, local or private agencies.Note: Some grantors look for funding ideas that promote cross-cultural, cross-socio-economic status (SES) learning activities. One way to accomplish this might be to design a literacy activity that is inter-district in nature. Can you think about how this might play out, or of any other ideas that bridge
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Discussion: Community Service Learning Project: With the mid
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.