D5: Was the Second Amendment Designed to Protect an Individual’s Right to Own Guns?Write a paragraph or two in which you articulate both author’s positions and which of the authors you think makes the better argument. In addition, state what your opinion on the issue is and why. To receive full credit for this discuss you must include an assessment of both TS authors, you must state your own opinion and you must critically comment on to at least 2 other students posts.students essays that you must respond to…’For the ‘Yes’ argument, Robert E. Shalhope argues that the Second Amendment was designed to protect an individual’s right to own guns. Shalhope argues that the Republican philosophy that dominated the culture of 18th century America emphasized the idea of personal liberties which includes gun ownership. Shalhope also includes statements from several states that mention the individuals right to possess arms as well as the right to maintain a militia, arguing that they differentiated the two. For the ‘No’ argument, Lawrence Delbert Cress puts heavy emphasis on the idea of trained citizens being part of a well-equipped militia. Cress argues that the militia is responsible for upholding the personal liberties of the citizens and that the constitution defends the right to have an armed militia. Cress also brings up Virginia’s proposed amendments and points out that there were ‘no concern about an individual citizen’s access to weapons’, but instead focused on a disciplined group of citizens to be the defense of the state. I believe Robert E. Shalhope makes the better argument. Shalhope relates the dominating republican sentiment that was prominent at the time to the need of the individual right to own guns. He also includes several statements that showed they considered the individual when it came to gun ownership. Shalhope also makes it clear that he is arguing about the origins of the amendment and not the modern need for it. I do believe the Second Amendment was designed to protect an individual’s right to own guns as it was specifically mentioned in the language of it. Also, the strong Republican sentiment at the time makes it more likely that the citizens and Founding Father cared deeply about their individual rights. No matter my opinion on modern weapons and the ‘gun control’ debate, I believe the Founding Fathers did intend to protect the individual’s right to own guns. ‘ – Nareg Haladjian’According to Robert Shallop who was arguing that yes the second amendment was designed to protect an individual’s right to own guns, the right to have guns came in order to maintain freedom an liberty in a non democratic society fulfilling their responsibilities. On the other hand, according to Lawrence Delbert Cress who was arguing the opposite where the only reason where guns were allowed was for trained individuals to protect its individuals. I personally believe that that it was written for our protection rather than letting individuals be armed themselves. The reasoning behind my decision is that the amendments are written to protect their individuals and not give them useless rights to do anything they please. ‘- Shida Delgosha
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
D5: Was the Second Amendment Designed to Protect an Individu
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.