Culture is a way of life and a common identity. It includes ourvalues, beliefs, customs, languages and traditions. Culture isreflected in a people’s history, in their heritage, their language andtheir religion. Culture is embedded in the foods we eat, the way wecelebrate holidays and other special days. It’s how we express ideas andcreativity.Culture measures people’s quality of life and the health of asociety. Through culture, a group of people develop a sense of identityand belonging, and the ability to empathize with and relate to oneanother. Language, religion, and ethnicities are all chapters in ourtext in Human Geography.For Post #2, you will search for and identify and write about(at least) one element/aspect of culture – a language, a religion, oran ethnic group.I hope you will search for and identify a language, religion, orethnic group (or theme relating to one of these elements) that isdifferent from your own. That is, select something you don’t know muchabout. As we go through this course, take the opportunity to look aroundEarth and locate and identify things you hadn’t heard about or thoughtmuch about.You may also write about, for example, ‘cultural appropriation’,‘cultural syncretism’, ‘cultural imperialism’, or other such issuesaround the topic of culture.What does the world lose when it loses a language, or a religion, or a unique ethnic group?Write a 2 page (500-word) post about your language, religion, or ethnic group.1st paragraph: about half a pageif you are double-spacing your writing. Introduce your topic. Why didyou choose this topic? What was it that drew you to it?2nd paragraph: another half a page, give a quick summary of what you learned. Just some of the major facts about your topic.NOTE: As you read the articles and films and learn more about yourtopic, what is it that fascinates you? Is there anything that gives riseto more questions? Has anything horrified you, saddened you…? Puzzledyou? I want you to write in the 1st person, ‘I learned…..’ or ‘I thought it was fascinating to learn that…..’. What resonates with you?3rd paragraph: another half apage. Did the article or website you looked at discuss anysustainability issues with the language, religion, or ethnic group? Forexample, we lose indigenous languages all the time. Their preservationis a matter of sustainability. They are practiced by very small numbersof people, and as numbers of indigenous or other traditional peoplesdecline, or they become more assimilated into dominant cultures, fewerpeople use the language, and it can decline, and eventually die out.World ethnic/cultural groups are also in danger of interruption byoutside influences.4th paragraph: another half page.Reiterate your topic, a few quick facts, your majorlearnings/understandings, and any ‘concluding’ statement you have aboutthe exercise.Write 1 (one) response to a classmate’s post. Your response should be about 175-200 words (about3/4 page). Please include links to any sites you use.Some sites you may find useful to begin your search: Don’tfeel you need to limit yourself to these sites. They may serve as ajumping off point for you.25 endangered languages you need to listen to before they disappear: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/endangered-languages-dead-listen-speakers-audio-belarusian-wiradjuri-cornish-a8268196.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.FAQs on endangered languages: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/culture/themes/endangered-languages/faq-on-endangered-languages/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Endangered Language Project: http://endangeredlanguages.com/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.What is an Endangered Language?: https://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/what-endangered-language (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.The Race to Save Disappearing Languages: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/04/saving-dying-disappearing-languages-wikitongues-culture/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Why we must save dying tongues: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140606-why-we-must-save-dying-languages (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Cultural Survival: https://www.culturalsurvival.org/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.7 of the World’s most endangered ethnic groups: https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/7-of-the-worlds-most-endangered-tribes/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.7 African ethnic groups on the verge of extinction due to assimilation and land-grabbing: https://atlantablackstar.com/2016/05/21/7-african-ethnic-groups-on-the-verge-of-extinction-due-to-land-grabbing-and-assimilation/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Pueblo of Acoma, on Cultural Preservation: http://www.puebloofacoma.org/Cultural_Preservation.aspx (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.This article is a few years old, but the impact matters. Who are the religious and ethnic groups under threat from ISIS: https://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/world/meast/iraq-ethnic-groups-under-threat-isis/index.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.This is old, but presents an interesting demographic argument. White Europeans, an endangered species?: https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2008/02/27/white-europeans-an-endangered-species/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.The American Folklife Center: http://www.loc.gov/folklife/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Culture is a way of life and a common identity. It includes
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.