CSC645/745 COMPUTER NETWORKSProject 11. GoalThe goal of this project is to write simple client and server programs for textmessaging and Internet chatting. The programming language is C and theoperating system is Linux.2. InstructionWrite a server program and a client program. The server manages a number ofclient accounts, each having a username and a password.Start the server first. When a client process is started, it has a menu for sixfunctions:0. Connect to the server1. Get the user list2. Send a message3. Get my messages4. Initiate a chat with my friend5. Chat with my friendThese functions allow the client to log onto the server through a TCP connectionusing his/her username and password, get the list of other users on the server,send a text message to another user, check his/her own text messages that wereleft by other users, and perform chat with another user.3. Sample CodeWe provide sample code consisting of an “echo” server program and a clientprogram. The client establishes a TCP connection with the server, and sends amessage to the server, which will echo the message back to the client for display.Essentially, it gives you a programming template that you can follow to writeyour own networking program.4. DemoUse the following scenario for demo. The server maintains two client accounts.One is for Alice, and the other is for Bob. Alice logs onto the server first. She getsthe user list and sees Bob. She sends a text message to Bob. The message carriesAlice’s IP address x and a port number y. After that, Alice selects “4. Initiate achat with my friend”, which terminates the TCP connection to the server, andwaits on port y for chatting with Bob. Next, Bob logs onto the server. He logs onand retrieves his text messages. After seeing Alice’s message, Bob selects “5. Chatwith my friend”, which terminates the TCP connection to the server, and starts anew TCP connection to Alice on port y. Then, Alice and Bob type in turn, and thetext typed by one will be sent to the other for display.More details can be found from the demo video posted on iLearn.5. SubmissionSubmit one ZIP file consisting of all source files and executables to the regularsubmission link on iLearn.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
CSC645/745 COMPUTER NETWORKSProject 11. GoalThe goal of this
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.