Cross-Cultural Realities at Work (individual interview report)In this individual assignment, you are required to interview someonewho is different from you (see criteria below) so that you may learnfrom the interviewee and be able to adequately reflect on the questionsfor analysis as given below. Please make yourself aware of questions forinterview and for analysis before conducting the interview.This interview is designed for students who are learning about diversity.PreparationFind someone who meets all three criteria:at least 7 years older or younger than you are;doing work that you may not imagine yourself doing; and culturally distinctly different from you.Conducting the InterviewYour goal is to get the person talking. Listen for what is said, whatis implied, and what is not said. Try not to insert your opinions andexperience. Use the sample interview questions as below; please feelfree to add your own. Start the interview by explaining who youare and why you are interviewing him or her. Thank the person sincerelyfor giving you his or her time and thoughts. Be sensitive throughout the interview regarding whether the person wants to continue. Sample Interview QuestionsStart with questions that are easy and comfortable to answer.What kind of work do you do?How long have you been doing it?Can you describe a typical workday?Then move to questions that require more thought and rapport with the interviewer.Why did you end up doing this work? What kind of person often does this sort of work? (And would you consider yourself typical?)What do you like about this work?What is difficult about this work?How do [customers, others in the company, etc.] treat you? What dothey think about the job you do? [Adapt this question to fit yourparticular interview—try to get at how the person thinks he or she istreated based on his or her work.]How does being a [fill in the blank with a salient culturalcategory: man, older person, African-American, 20-something, etc.] playinto the work you do?Has this work changed the way you think about yourself and about the world?What are some cultural values that are important to you? [It can befamily, work, or interpersonal.] Do you think these are similar to ordifferent from mainstream American culture? Please explain your ideas.What do you like best about American culture? What do you likeleast? [Even if the person is American, he or she will have an opinionabout this question that gives you some insight about how he or sheviews things from his or her perspective.]Thank him or her again.Analysis of Your Interview and Writing Your ReportThink about your interview, the person, and his or her work. Pleaseconsider these questions as you write your report for this assignment.Make sure to present a well thought response based on your interview andthese questions.First, state who the interviewee is and how does he or she meet the three criteria (all three should be met).What aspects of this person’s work determine or indicate his or her status relative to others?What are some of the connections between this person’s work experience and gender, race, age, and/or ethnicity, etc.?What kinds of attitudes, values, and behaviors does this person’s work culture encourage?What attitudes and values held by this person are similar to your own, and which are different?From this interview, what can give us insight into communicating across cultures or across work cultures.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Cross-Cultural Realities at Work (individual interview repor
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.