Consider the information below for Saranac County, your SWMP outline prepared in Module 2 Assignment 2, as well as your information from the Module 2 Discussion, and your landfill design from Module 3. Prepare a presentation to a county committee for input and approval to move forward with your proposed plan.The waste composition for this county follows the standard waste composition except 40% of the resident’s dispose of their food waste in either garbage disposals to the local sewer or backyard composting piles. 30% of recyclables are sent to a local recycling plant.Once/if the county landfill closes, the next closest landfill is 30 miles away with a $60/ton tipping fee. If permitted, the waste-to-energy incinerator will be 45 miles away with an $85/ton tipping fee. A rough estimate to design, permit and build a landfill expansion is $100M to $200M, with monthly operational fees of $250,000 to $400,000. The expansion would be good for another 25 years of capacity.Another option is to build a transfer station for trucks to dump locally, and then have larger hauling trucks transport the waste to one of the other close landfills, or maybe a further landfill with cheaper tipping fees. It’s estimated to cost $2.5M to build the transfer station plus 3 full-time people to operate it.On first glance, your options for solid waste management after the regional landfill closes are:1. Permit and build a landfill expansion. a. Just for your county b. Open to outside the county as well2. Truck to a landfill 30 miles away3. Build a transfer station and truck to the landfill 30 miles away4. Support the incinerator and hope that gets permitted5. Something else?Discuss the pros, cons and feasibility of each option and why you are proposing what you are.Please make a 3 minute powerpoint presentation. Attached within are documents that I have presented thus far leading up to this point. Suggestions made to enhance the conceptual landfill were the addition of a weight scale on the other side of traffic, ground water monitoring wells and a better demarcation of the old and new cells of the landfill.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Consider the information below for Saranac County, your SWMP
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.