Complete problem solution using Tables and EES. Solve (a) through (c) by hand using tables. Then solve with EES, including (d). No separate setup for EES is required. Consider a steam power plant that operates on a simple Rankine cycle and has a net power output of 45 MW. The plant is modeled as an ideal system, except the turbine has the isentropic efficiency of 94%. Steam enters the turbine at 7 MPa and 500°C and is cooled in the condenser at a pressure of 10 kPa by running cooling water from a lake through the tubes of the condenser at a rate of 2000 kg/s (this is not a part of the Rankine cycle itself, but only the cooling water for the condenser). Assignment: First sketch the system hardware diagram (including the cooling water), number states and show the cycle on a T-s diagram with respect to saturation lines (only 4 states for the steam, no cooling water). Then determine (a) the thermal efficiency of the cycle, (b) the mass flow rate of the steam, and (c) the temperature rise of the cooling water. Note that the steam and the cooling water in the condenser do not mix. (d) Create a plot which shows the effect of the turbine’s isentropic efficiency (in the range 0.1 to 1) on the three calculated answers (a) through (c) above.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Complete problem solution using Tables and EES. Solve (a) t
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.