Cite 2 sources using APA format and 1 text from scripture.The Critical Nature of Human Resources and It Effect on Accounting Decision MakingA tradition in the American business environment sees employees as “at-will” members of an organization if they are not contractual hires, and therefore they can be separated from a business at any time without notice. Historically, the development of people is related to helping them be successful on their jobs in order to perform better and make the business more profitable. Yet Christians see people as created in the image of God, and having inherent value that organizations have the potential to develop and harness. God Himself is in the people-developing business (Van Duzer, et.al, 2004). In this setting Human Resources has the opportunity to focus on guiding believers to identify and utilize their calling as well as building people’s skills and experience through various development opportunities. Please consider some of the author’s points and the scriptures highlighted below, and respond to these thoughts with your own argument for or against their positions in your initial discussion post:Managers have the opportunity to promote and develop individual growth through training & career development plans (Chewning, 1990).In order to treat employees as human being with respect, certain rights should be granted in the workplace, and consideration of an appeals process should be available when an employee is terminated (Chewning, 1990).“Business can be an agent of the kingdom of God by bringing a measure of shalom to people and to nations.” (Stevens, 2006, p. 28).“The challenge, then is not so much to bring Christ with us into our work, but to discover his presence already there, precisely through the natural order that he created in the first instance, because, of course, God is no stranger to the world he made” (Sirico, 1996, p. 65). The gospel transforms so that people can act and think in ways that honor God and demonstrate love for neighbor (Col. 3:12-13a).In the Body of Christ, love, forgiveness, compassion, kindness, meekness, patience and restoration should characterize the relationships among believers (Mt. 18:15-20; 1 Cor. 13; Eph. 4:1-16; Col. 3:12-17) and towards our neighbors (Mt. 22:36-40).Everyone within the body of Christ has gifts that can be used for the glory of God and the common good of His people; all can contribute through gifts of teaching, preaching, healing, service, administration, leadership, encouragement, and mercy (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12). Here there is an opportunity for leadership to foster and develop individual’s gifting, and for organizations to nurture and empower people in applying their gifts and talents. Bibliography:Chewning, R. C., Eby, J. W., & Roels, S. J. (1990). Business Through the Eyes of Faith. San Francisco: Harper & Row.Sirico, R.A. (1996) The Entrepreneurial Vocation, found in Rae, S.B. and Wong, K.L. (2004) Beyond Integrity, 2nd ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. pp. 60-66.Stevens, R.P. (2006) Doing God’s Business. Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eermans Publishing.Van Duzer, J., Franz, R. S., Karns, G. L., Dearborn, T., Daniels, D., & Wong, K. L. (2004). Chapter 11: Towards a statement on the biblical purposes of business. In M. Naughton & S. Rumpza (Eds.), Business as a calling: Interdisciplinary essays on the meaning of business from the Catholic Social Tradition. (pp. 1-19). St. Paul, MN: University of St. Thomas.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Cite 2 sources using APA format and 1 text from scripture.Th
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.