Child abuse and maltreatment are not limited to a particular age—it can occur in the infant, toddler, preschool, and school-age years. Infants are at serious risk of maltreatment because of their vulnerability and dependence on others and the processes involved in neurocognitive and psychosocial development. Maltreatment is exhibited through physical abuse, neglect, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and medical abuse.Am going to choose infant group because they are the ones more vulnerable age group because of the immaturity and capacity to talk and ask for help.We have different types of abuse like for example, physical abuse which is non-accidental infliction of physical injury to a child, emotional abuse which is the rejecting, ignoring, criticizing, isolating, or terrorizing of children. Also sexual abuse as any activity with a child, before the age of legal consent, that allows sexual gratification of an adult or a significantly older child. Another one is neglect which is the failure to satisfy a child’s basic needs, can assume many forms as not providing hygiene, basic nutrition or adequate shelter.In an infant, the most common abuse is physical abuse , like head injuries, broken bones at different stages of healing, skin injuries, and sexual abuse . The shaken infant is intracranial hemorrhages, retinal hemorrhages and small ‘‘chip’’ fractures at the major joints of the child’s extremities can result from very rapid shaking of an infant this one is very common . Sexual abuse symptoms may include infection, genital injury, abdominal pain, constipation, chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections or behavioral problems. Neglect in an infant is non-compliance with health care recommendations as vaccination and routine doctor appointments, not enough food resulting in hunger, and the failure of a child physically to thrive, exposure of children to drugs and inadequate protection from environmental dangers, not supervising and poor hygiene . Culture influences in the way we see child abuse, sometimes skin injuries is not abuse is a type of ritual to cure the infant of fever or devils . As nurses, we need to identify any type of abuse and reported to abuse hotline or children and families. http://www.healthofchildren.com/C/Child-Abuse.html…https://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/vio…****** please respond to the discussion above, add citation and references 🙂 *******
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Child abuse and maltreatment are not limited to a particular
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.