Charles was a farmer who farmed 600 acres of land. Charles entered into a hand-shake contract with 4H Grain Company. The agreement called for Charles to sell 20,000 bushels of corn to 4H in October, when Charles’ corn crop would be harvested. The agreed price was to be $1.00 per bushel or $20,000. That amount was to be paid to Charles when he delivered the corn to 4H.Unfortunately, there was a rain storm during the summer that damaged Charles’ corn crop, and part of the corn crop failed. Because of that failure, Charles was only able to offer 9,000 bushels of corn to 4H in October. 4H refused the offer of part of the amount that was to be delivered by Charles and sued Charles for breach of contract to deliver corn. There is nothing in the contract that addresses this situation.Assume that the facts given are admitted and not in dispute. Is there anything that Charles can do to avoid breaching the contract? Does Charles have any defenses to breach of this contract? Who should win? Why?Answer in a paragraph
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Charles was a farmer who farmed 600 acres of land. Charles e
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.