Chapt 9. 46. Tim and Martha paid 7000 in qualified employment-related expenses for their three young children who live with them in their household. Martha received 1800 of dependent care assistance from her employer, which was properly excluded from gross income. The couple had 57000 of AGI earned equally. What amount of child and dependent care credit can they claim on their Form 1040? How would your answer differ (If at all) if the couple had AGI of 36000 that was earned entirely by Tim? 53. In 2016, Jeremy and Celeste, who filed a joint return, paid the following amounts for their daughter, Alyssa, to attend the University of Colorado during the academic year 2016-2017. Alyssa was in her first year of college and attended full time. Tuition and fees (for fall semester 2016)1950 Tuition and fees (for spring semester 2017) 1000 Books 600 Room and Board 1200 The spring semester at the University of Colorado begins in January. In addition to the above, Alyssa’s Uncle Devin sent 800 for her tuition directly to the university. Jeremy and Celeste have modified AGI of 165000. What is the amount of qualifying expenses for the purpose of the American opportunity tax credit (AOTC) in tax year 2016? What is the amount of the AOTC that Jeremy and Celeste can claim based on their AGI? Chapt 10. 49. Allison is paid 1025 per week. What is the amount of federal income tax withheld from Allison’s pay check under the following conditions? Use the percentage method table in the Appendix to this chapter a. Allison is single and claims two withholding allowances b. Allison is married and claims two withholding allowances c. Allison is single and claims no withholding allowance. 57. Lauprechta Inc. Company has the following employees on Payroll: Semimonthly Payroll Withholding allowances Marital Status Naila 4800 3 Married Wilfred 7250 4 Married Stephanie 2800 1 Single Tanya 3600 2 Single Complete the table for taxes to be withheld for each pay period: Federal withholding tax Social Security Tax Medicare Tax Total Taxes Withheld Naila Wilfred Stephanie Tanya Chapt 11. 49. Will, who is single and age 50, is employed as a full-time tax accountant at a local manufacturing company where he earns 73000 per year. He participates in a pension plan through his employer. Will also operates a small tax practice in his spare time during tax season and has net Schedule C income of 8000. He is interested in establishing and contributing to other retirement plan. What options are available to Will ? 52.Ken is self-employed architect in a small firm with four employees: himself, his office assistant, and two drafters, all of whom have worked for ken full-time for the last fur years. The office assistant earns 30000 per year and each drafter earns 40000. Ken’s net earnings from self-employement (after deducting all expenses and one-half of self-employement taxes) are 310000. Ken is considering whether to establish a SEP plan and has a few questions: a. Is he eligible to establish a SEP plan ? b. Is he required to cover his employees under the plan ? why or why not ? c. If his employees must be covered, what is the maximum amount that can be contributed on their behalf ? d. If the employees are not covered, what is the maximum amount Ken can contribute for himself ? e. If Ken is required to contribute for his employees an chooses to contribute the maximum amount, what is the maximum amount Ken can contribute for himself ? (Hint: Calculate the employee amounts first) Ignore any changes in Ken’s self-employement tax.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Chapt 9. 46. Tim and Martha paid 7000 in qualified employmen
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.