Case Study – KuruIn 1960 the British government that controlled Papua New Guineaenacted substantial behavioral changes among the native highlanders ofthe island. At the time a unique disease, kuru, that had no known etiology or cure was endemic in the population of people known as the Fore.The disease disproportionately affected women and children. Scientistslooked variously at genetics, infections, and behavior to seek answersto why the Fore, and only the people of this group, had this debilitating and always fatal disease.Review the video on Kuru, the Prion video, and the article by Collinge et al. Analyze a minimum of three aspects of Kuru you find most interesting. How does the Kuruaffect modern world health? What are the implications of this diseaseto us? Do you think it was worth spending a large amount of time andmoney to seek out the cause of a disease that affected so few humans onthe earth? Why or why not? Your posting should be a minimum of 300 words (450 graduate students); excludes references; be sure to add references at the bottom of your initial posting.Reply to at least two colleagues in the class; three for full credit.Replies should be a minimum of 150 words each.(Required) Kuru: The Science and the Sorcery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_tClcS6To (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(Required) Collinge, J., Whitfield, J., McKintosh, E., Beck, J.,Mead, S., Thomas, D. J., & Alpers, M. P. (2006). Kuru in the 21stcentury—an acquired human prion disease with very long incubationperiods. The Lancet, 367(9528), 2068-2074. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Mead/publication/6986896_Kuru_in_the_21st_century-An_acquired_human_prion_disease_with_very_long_incubation_periods/links/00b4951af99a87c5f0000000.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(Required) What is a prion?Prions – Incurable Brain Dissolving Proteins (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Case Study – KuruIn 1960 the British government that contro
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.