Book Review: Cutting for StoneFor this assignment you will write a book review for either ‘Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese Note: Minimum number of word for this assignment is 1,500 single spaced. Less than 1500 will have point deductions, more is acceptableUse APA style for both in text citation and in the reference section Cite all sources of information or data used in your review that are not your ownIf you quote from the book under review, simply follow the quotation with the page number(s) in parentheses. For example: The author argues that “American women seem to have preferred careers over parenting” (p. 345).Quotes that go over three lines in length should be single-spaced in a “block quote” format with the page citation at the end of the block quote.If you have to cite other sources for quotations or facts, use APA citation style.Reviews should be written in a formal manner. As with other written assignments, be sure to avoid using colloquialisms (“a lot” or “etc.”), contractions (“cannot” instead of “can’t”) and avoid using the first person (I, you, we, us). Include references at the end of your report – especially the main book being reviewed.Open the Purdue Owl website below on writing a book review and follow the writing structure indicated. Review the rubric provided below to ensure you cover all the necessary pointsReview the examples of book reviews providedResources for writing critical book review- https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/704/1/This is an important website – The link provides information on what to do before you read the book, while you read the book and finally when you are ready to write the book review. Please review this carefully as this is precisely how I expect your book reviews to be structured. Outline the ReviewThe following outline is only a suggestion; it is not a model that you should necessarily follow for all reviews. You may find it appropriate to add, combine, eliminate, or rearrange some points. The developed outline will then serve as the basis for your formal written book review.I. Introductiona. Purpose of the book b. Author’s qualifications and viewpoint. Use another source other than the book you’re reviewing to gain information bout the author(s). At the end of your review, cite the source as per APA standards II. Summary and critical assessment of the author’s argumenta. Thesis of the bookb. Summary of book’s content, indicating how the thesis is developed. Use examples to illustrate.c. Assess the credibility of the argument.III. Critical assessment of booka. Organizationb. Style and presentation (word choice, paragraph structure, wit, readability, length, etc.)c. Use of supporting materials (footnotes/endnotes, pictures, graphs, maps, charts, tables, index, etc.)d. Intended audience (What readership is the author hoping to reach? Is the book academic in orientation or is it more popular history?)IV. Conclusiona. Historical contribution of the book. (How does the book fit into prevailing interpretation of the subject? Does it answer a troublesome question? Does it break new ground? Does it revise older interpretations? Does it merely clarify and simplify the standard point of view?Where does the book fit in the literature on the topic?)b. Overall worth of the book (Would you recommend it? For what type of audience would it be best suited? Did the author accomplish his/her purpose?) – https://apps.carleton.edu/curricular/history/resou… This site has the 10 most important questions to answer when writing your book review, please review them as it will assist you in structuring your book review.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Book Review: Cutting for StoneFor this assignment you will w
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.