Assignment ContentResources: Ch. 3 and Ch. 4 of Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues; law libraries and databases from the internet.Scenario: Solar Co. Inc., a solar panel manufacturing and installation company, has recently encountered a series of scandals and bad publicity relating to defective solar panels, poor workmanship, and employee allegations of harassment by executives within the company. One claim resulted in a two-year trial which Solar Co. lost; all other claims were settled out of court.Solar Co. enters into a contract with XYZ Media to prepare a 6-month national advertising and public relations campaign to help restore its tarnished reputation at a cost of $600,000. XYZ Media launches the campaign, and it is successful for the first two months until XYZ’s computer servers are hacked and all client information is lost because XYZ failed to have adequate backup systems in place. In addition, social media account information and passwords were compromised, resulting in derogatory and inappropriate posts being made on all of XYZ’s social media accounts for several hours. Because XYZ was managing Solar Co.’s social media presence at the time, Solar Co.’s social media accounts were also taken over by the hackers for a brief time and filled with damaging posts.XYZ issues a public apology; however, Solar Co. wishes to terminate the contract with XYZ and receive a refund of the $200,000 it paid for the first two months of the campaign due to the damages caused by the computer hack. XYZ refuses to cancel the contract or issue a refund, insisting that it can successfully continue the campaign and re-create all of the material that was lost. Solar Co. refuses to pay any further amounts due under the contract and has already begun seeking a new media relations firm to re-launch the campaign.Part IWrite a 525- to 700-word recommendation to Solar Co.’s CEO advising whether Solar Co. should:file a lawsuit and proceed to trialtry to reach a settlement with XYZ Media, oruse a method of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)Your analysis should specifically discuss each of the nine factors provided in the ‘Contemporary Environment Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Lawsuit’ feature found in Ch. 4, ‘Judicial, Alternative, and E-Dispute Resolution.’ Provide a clear explanation and reasoning for your recommendation based on the facts of the scenario.Would your recommendation be different if you were advising XYZ Media’s CEO? If so, how?Part II Solar Co. intends to use arbitration agreements with all clients, subcontractors and employees in the future.Write a 350- to 525-word memo to Solar Co.’s CEO explaining the arbitration procedure and the enforceability of arbitration provisions under the Federal Arbitration Act.Include a recommendation as to whether arbitration agreements should be used in the future to reduce Solar Co.’s legal risk and why.APA formatIn-text citations according to references used.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Assignment ContentResources: Ch. 3 and Ch. 4 of Legal Enviro
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.