Assignment 3: Corrections Case StudyDue Week 10 and worth 200 pointsThe historyof correctional institutions is well-documented. Correctionalinstitutions (jails and prisons) house individuals who are awaitingtrial, serving both short and long term sentences. Correctional officersare responsible for the monitoring, treatment and supervision ofindividuals who have been found guilty by a court of law.For this assignment, we will take you inside a look at the ‘2016 Most Violent Prison.’ Please review this video now if you haven’t already done so, before beginning Assignment 3.After reviewing the video, download the Assignment 3 template.Answer the following questions within the template, then upload thecompleted template to the assignment submission link in Week 10:Describethe main methods Sergeant Baldwin and his staff use to maintain orderand safety in the prison. Take a position on the effectiveness, risks,pros and cons, and ethics of these methods.Choose one(1) of the inmates profiled in this video -Terry Dibble, SimkaytaWinfield, Jerico Jones, or Gregory Crowder – and discuss theirsituation. Explain how they ended up at Statefield, the main issues theydescribed facing, and the methods they use to cope with their time inprison.Discuss theeffect you feel the presence of the active armed guards has on theviolence level and overall safety within this prison.Describethe issue of isolation in Statesville presented in this video and theeffects connections and contact with outside visitors can have on theprisoners’ mental status.Identify atleast two (2) issues that gay inmates here uniquely face. Identify atleast one (1) method of protecting gay inmates against each of theseidentified issues.Take aposition on how you believe conditions at Statefield could be improved.Include at least two (2) specific actions that could be taken to improveconditions (i.e. security and safety, abuse and use of force,isolation, poor food quality, etc.). Provide a rationale for yourposition.The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:Outline the major characteristics and purposes of prisons, including prisoners’ rights and prison society.Summarize the current ethical issues faced by criminal justice professionals and the future of the criminal justice system.Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Assignment 3: Corrections Case StudyDue Week 10 and worth 20
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.