Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1—Financial Statement Analysis: Average Payment Period RatioIn this assignment, you will compare year-over-year payment trends using the average payment period ratio, which is calculated as follows:Average Payment Period Ratio = Current Liabilities / ([Total Operating Expenses – Depreciation and Amortization Expenses] / 365)The average payment period measures how long it takes, on average, for a business to pay back its creditors or, in essence, to pay its bills.Review the following scenario:You are the department head for the finance department for Anytown Hospital, a not-for-profit community hospital in an urban community. The hospital administrator reviewed the most recent average payment period report (for fiscal year 2012 [FY2012]) and noted a variance between the FY2011 and FY2012 reports. The hospital administrator is not well versed in financial reports.As the chief finance officer (CFO) and financial expert, you are tasked to explain the variance to the Administrator. You must answer whether the variance is positive or negative as compared with the industry benchmark of 45 days. What are the risks if the trend is negative between FY2011 and FY2012? What are the benefits if the trend is positive from FY2011 to FY2012? You will present your findings in a PowerPoint presentation to the Hospital Administrator and other hospital department heads.Based on your analysis of the scenario, complete the following tasks:Part 1: Average Payment Period Ratio Report DevelopmentFor this assignment, you will develop and analyze financial statements. Part 1 of the assignment includes describing what an average payment period is and how it is calculated. Use the years and the dollar amounts provided in the table below:Operating ExpensesDepreciation and AmortizationDifferenceDays per YearAverage Cash Expense per Day15,255,263.00553,219.0036512,589,823.00665,393.00365YearCurrent LiabilitiesAverage Cash Expense Per DayAverage Payment Period Days20112,550,263.0020124,553,681.00Using an Excel spreadsheet (or any other tool for performing calculations), determine the average payment period for FY2011 and FY2012. Use the following steps:Use the provided dollar amount of total operating expenses and depreciation and amortization.Subtract depreciation and amortization from the operating expenses and divide by 365 days to compute the average cash expense per day.Identify the dollar amounts for current liabilities on the balance sheet.Divide the current liabilities by the average cash per day.Determine if the trend is positive or negative for the average payment period days.Determine if the 2011 and 2012 average payment period days are above or below the industry benchmark.Part 2: Risks and Benefits AnalysisBased on your calculations in Part 1, address the following:Identify at least two risks if the trend is negative or two benefits if it is positive. What is the potential impact on the hospital? Support your assertions with authoritative references.Discuss possible contributing factors to the positive or negative trend and any strategies the hospital could use to ensure the currently established industry benchmark is met.Develop an 8–10-slide PowerPoint presentation (excluding the title and reference slides).Include the completed average payment period ratio table in your presentation. Include detailed speaker notes with APA format, including references. Use a properly formatted APA 6th edition figure caption for the table or any other figures or charts. Use at least 5–7 scholarly sources in your research.Write your document in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and references page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1—Financial Statement An
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.