ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW ONE BY ONE AND CORRECTLY1. For each of the utility functions below, draw a set of three indifference curves showing possible bundles of X and Y which yield utility levels U1=8, U2=12, and U3=16.[Example: you will draw two preference maps, one for (A) and one for (B) each with three indifference curves representing the different levels of utility. Labeling 2-3 bundles on each curve will be sufficient to approximate their shape—for example, for the first curve for (A), show how (2,2), (4,1), and (1,4) are all on the same curve].A. U=2(XY)B. U=2(X+Y)C. What is unique about the preferences depicted in B?2. Suppose a consumer has an income of $60 and purchases two goods, gasoline (G, at a price of $2/unit) and food (F, at a price of $5/unit).A. Write the equation for the budget constraint.B. Draw a graph of the budget constraint, placing gasoline (G) on the horizontal axis and food (F) on the vertical axis.C. Assume the price of gasoline increases to $4. On the same graph, draw a new budget constraint and indicate the change in the opportunity set.3. Suppose Tom consumes two goods, rings (R) and avocados (A). He spends $240 across these goods, with the price of rings (PR) $10 per unit and the price of avocados (PA) $8 per unit. If his utility function is , this implies that his marginal utilities are and .A. Write out the equation for the budget line. Draw a graph of the budget line with R on the horizontal axis. What is its slope?B. What is Tom’s marginal rate of substitution? (Hint: how does marginal utility relate to MRS?)C. What is the relationship between R and A when Tom is maximizing his utility subject to the budget constraint? (Hint: what is the relationship between your answers to (A) and (B) when utility is maximized? Solve in terms of either R or A).D. Find the utility-maximizing bundle for Tom, and show on your graph depicting the budget constraint by adding an indifference curve. (Hint: plug your answer to (C) into the budget constraint and solve for the bundle of R and A).
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW ONE BY ONE AND CORRECTLY1. For ea
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.