Analysis of a film or TV show, focusing on issues of language and identity, to be presented in class andwritten up in 5 pages. Your essay should have a unifying thesisabout ethnicity, identity, inter-group relations, transitions, or some combination of these elements, andyou should support this thesis in part with analysis of language. Here are some questions you mightconsider as you work on your analysis:How does your selected work use language to represent an ethnic, immigrant, or othersocial group or the relations between groups?How do the characters change over the course of the film? Do they change their sense ofself? Do they progress from one class/group/society into another?How are the characters depicted as belonging to two or more groups? Do they experience asense of double consciousness? Do they feel as if they are stuck in a borderlands?How does the film portray conflict between groups or generations?As part of your analysis, please discuss at least two of the following sociolinguistic phenomena as they are portrayed in your selected work:Inter-speaker variation: Sociolinguistic variation among characters according to socio-economic class,ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, generation from immigration, etc.Intra-speaker variation: Individual style shifting or code switching (according to situation, audience, ortopic) used to negotiate identitiesMetalinguistic conversation: Conversation about language that represents (possibly conflicting)language ideologies and/or language discriminationPlease include some linguistic analysis: when discussing inter-speaker and intra-speaker variation, pleasegive examples of distinctive features, offering quotes as evidence where appropriate.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Analysis of a film or TV show, focusing on issues of languag
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.