American Plastics had fared rather worse than its competitors during the economic downturn. With revenue, quality, and productivity down, management set several goals to reverse the company’s fortune. One area in need of improvement was human resources and ‘Janet,’ the newly appointed HR Director faced a daunting challenge: to quickly re-invent the Human Resources function, reposition it a strategic partner to the business, and improve employee perceptions of her department. Her predecessor retired after leading a major reduction in force causing a significant exodus of key talent, some unexpected. Janet was charged with finding a way to retain top talent and develop a steady but highly-qualified stream of candidates to fill regular as well as critical positions. The CEO agreed with her that differentiating the human resources function was essential for the company’s strategic plan to succeed.In her first two weeks on the job Janet discovered:Job descriptions were inconsistent, long but vague lists of high level ‘duties and responsibilities’ and qualificationsJob titles didn’t reflect the work people did, used instead as a framework for budgeting and compensation as many were doing unique work requiring different knowledge and skills.Aside from providing a coordinating function, human resources had outsourced recruiting to third parties who presented candidates based on their internet postings and other sources. No matter the level or criticality of the open position, human resources rarely conducted interviews or assessments before or after handing over the third party resumes to the hiring organization and would get involved again only when a candidate was selected.HR’s participation in the onboarding process of new employees was limited to having them attend a half-day orientation session where, between a video and a slide presentation about the company, they filled out benefits-related, payroll, ID and other paper forms.Training and Development (T&D) had largely been outsourced to several companies that provided generic on-line courses.The recent departure of several mission-critical employees disclosed no systematic means of capturing expertise from employees; when they left, their knowledge left with them.The Performance Employee Evaluation Program didn’t align with anything, was viewed by managers and individual contributors alike as a burdensome annual chore that interfered with people’s ‘real jobs.’ The management of talent is one of a handful of strategic services human resources can offer. The decline of traditional HR functions through automation, self-service, and outsourcing demands a ‘culture change’ within human resources: adopt a business focus by an organization still structured largely around benefits administration, time and attendance reporting, labor cost processing, and similar transactional operations.Write a communications plan not to exceed 1,050 words to support the strategy of American Plastics.Justify why they were important for your strategic HRM planning process.Recommend how to address these considerations.Focus on resolution of the human resource management challenges in order to support operational strategies. Cite all sources according to APA formatting guidelines.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
American Plastics had fared rather worse than its competitor
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.