Amazon.com—Keeping the Fire Hot Amazon.com has gained the No. 1 spot as the world’s largest Internet retailer. But never content to rest on past laurels, CEO Jeff Bezos keeps introducing and upgrading Amazon products and services. It’s hard to keep pace with new versions of the Amazon Kindle Fire, Prime Instant Video TV, and movie content streamed on demand. There’s a variety of cloud computer services. And, Bezos keeps increasing investments in new distribution centers staffed increasingly by robots. It’s all part of a push to make Amazon the go-to choice for fast—even same-day—deliveries of as many of the products we consume as possible. Decision Making and Innovation From its modest beginning in Jeff Bezos’s garage in 1995, Amazon.com has grown into the most megalithic online retailer. Bezos continues to diversify Amazon’s product offerings and broaden its brand. Beyond simply finding more and more products and services to offer, he knows that he has to innovate in order to prevent his brand from becoming stagnant. No one is ever sure what will come next under Bezos’s guidance. His guiding question is: “What kind of innovation can we layer on top of this that will be meaningful for our customers?” Amazon’s Kindle almost single handedly launched the ebook revolution. Also, Amazon Prime could be seen as a revolution. Prime members get free two-day shipping and discounted one-day shipping as well as access to Amazon Instant Video, movie, TV and music streaming, and free content. It’s all designed to keep customers plugged into Amazon. Bezos calls Amazon Prime “the best bargain in the history of shopping, and it’s going to keep getting better.” There’s no shortage of competition. Amazon has squared off against Netflix, Apple, and Google in realms of both hardware and digital entertainment. It bought top-shelf audio book vendor Audible.com and later added shoe and clothing merchant Zappos.com. Then came acquisition of Boston-based Kiva Systems. Kiva’s automated guided robots deliver product to workers at pick stations, allowing Amazon increased efficiency (and reduced labor costs) in its worldwide distribution centers. Bezos as a Decision Maker Rather than sticking to just the analytical step-by-step process, Bezos isn’t afraid of informed intuition. He uses creativity, flexibility, and spontaneity when making key decisions. He seems comfortable with abstraction and lack of structure when making decisions and also isn’t afraid to fail. Seeming not to worry about current earnings per share, Bezos keeps investing to make his company stronger and harder to catch. Its millions of square feet of distribution fulfillment space keep growing domestically and around the globe. The firm’s products and services are continuously upgraded and expanded. Drones are ready to fly Amazon deliveries to customers. But will these investments pay off? Is Bezos making the right long-term choices? Even as Amazon’s stock values fluctuate, Bezos still believes that customer service, not the stock ticker, defines the Amazon experience. “I think one of the things people don’t understand is we can build more shareholder value by lowering product prices than we can by trying to raise margins,” he says. “It’s a more patient approach, but we think it leads to a stronger, healthier company. It also serves customers much, much better.” What’s Next?
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
Amazon.com—Keeping the Fire Hot Amazon.com has gained th
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.