A risk management plan is “a component of the project, program, or portfolio management plan describes how risk management activities will be structured and performed.” For the purposes of this class, the risk management plan will contain the potential risk events that could impact a project, risk analysis results, risk response plans, and the methods of monitoring risks.The definition above is taken from the Glossary of Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.Risks are events that can impact a project; by focusing on these potential events, project managers and other stakeholders can reduce the impact of these events on the project. For example, a risk for a hardware replacement project could be that the technology may change prior to completion of the project. One way to reduce the impact is to have contract terms with the hardware vendor to obtain the newest hardware.By completing the project risk management plan in class, you will be able to understand methods of identifying risks, performing risk analyses, determining risk responses, and monitoring risks. Assignment Details Part IFor this assignment, you will develop a risk management plan based on a project of your choosing.Some examples of projects include the following:Replacing computers in an office buildingImproving a claims processDeveloping a marketing strategyBuilding a bridgeTaking inventory in a warehouseCreating a new software program for a bank You can get ideas for projects based on your experiences. For example, if you have a marketing background, the development of a marketing strategy may be a good choice. If you have experience in software, the development of software for a company could be an option. You can also view sample projects from one of the following Web sites:Rutgers Business SchoolCIONote: You will use this project for the duration of this course.Click here to download a Word template for your project, or use the following shell to create your risk management plan: Risk Management Strategy and Plan Document ShellUse Microsoft WordTitle PageCourse number and nameProject nameStudent nameDate Table of ContentsUse autogenerated TOCSeparate pageMaximum of 3 levels deepBe sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before each submission.Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content except for the sections you are working on each week)Project OutlineRisk Management JustificationProject Risk IdentificationProject Risk AnalysesProject Risk Response StrategyProject Risk MonitoringProject Risk Communications PlanPart IICreate the document shell using the given template or the criteria above. The section headings should be centered and should each begin at the top of a new page.Page 1 – Title PagePage 2 – Table of ContentsPage 3 – Project OutlinePage 4 – Project Risk IdentificationPage 5 – Project Risk AnalysesPage 6 – Project Risk Response StrategyPage 7 – Project Risk MonitoringPage 8 – Project Risk Communications PlanPage 9 – ReferencesThis week, you will complete the Project Outline section. This is the overview of your project to include the project deliverable. You must include the following in this section:Describe your project and the project deliverableIdentify the method for your project: agile or waterfall. Discuss why you chose this method. You will need to explain that again for your Sponsor in a memo in Unit 5.Discuss the overall risk management strategy for your projectDescribe the high levels of risk categories you believe risk events may occur in, such as technological, vendor, customer, employees, government, weather, and so on. Complete the Project Risk Identification section.List at least 5 risks for your project. These risks can be in categories such as weather, finances, resources, government oversight, unions, technology, and other areas. NOTE: Be sure to include the pages with only section headings and TBD as the content that will be completed in later units Please submit your assignment. For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials, including the Project Management Center.ReferencesAlexander, M. (2015, December 30). 6 strategic projects any business can implement in 2016. CIO. Retrieved from http://www.cio.com/article/3017781/project-managem…Project Management Institute (2017). Project management body of knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.Rutgers. (2017). Sample projects. Retrieved from http://www.business.rutgers.edu/mba-team-consultin…
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
A risk management plan is “a component of the project, pro
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.