1) Describe the two major approaches (observational and experiemental) used in analytic studies. What circumstances would merit use of eiher of these approaches?2) List the seven factors that characterize study designs and explain each one.3) Define the term case control study and describe how to calculate an odds ratio.4) Define the term cohort study. what measure of association is used in a cohort study?5) Interpret the following values for an odds ratio (OR) and a relative risk (RR): a. OR = 1.0; OR = 0.5; OR = 2.0 b. RR = 1.0; RR = 0.5; RR = 2.06) Define what is meant by bias in epidemiological studies. GIve an example of the four types of bias.7) Construct a grid that compares the advantages and disadvantages of the following study designs: ecologic, case-control, and cohort.8) A hypothetical cohort study of pesticides exposure and cancer followed exposed pesticide workers and a comparision of non-exposed employees of the same company over a 30-year period. Researchers found that the incidence of cancer among exposed workers was 55.3 per 1,000. In the comparison cohort not exposed to pesticides, the incidence of cancer was 15.7 per 1,000. Calcultate the relative and attributable risks of exposure to pesticides and development of cancer. (Show all of your work for full credit).
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
1) Describe the two major approaches (observational and expe
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.