1. A tax on coffee which leads the consumer to consume more tea and less coffee than otherwise preferable produces the following:INCOME EFFECT AND SUBSTITUTION EFFECTINCOME EFFECT AND SATISFACTION EFFECTSUBSTITUTION EFFECT BUT NOT INCOME EFFECTINCOME EFFECT AND EFFICIENCY EFFECT2. Deadweight Loss includes the amount of taxes paid to the government.TRUEFALSE3. According to Creedy 2003, doubling the tax rate will _____________ the excess burden:DOUBLENEGATEIMPROVEQUADRUPLE4. Illinois imposes a sales tax on Snicker’s but not Twix candy bars. This could cause the price of:SNICKER’S TO RISETWIX TO RISEBOTH SNICKER’S AND TWIX TO RISESNICKER’S PRODUCTION TO RISE5. The government imposes a new retail sales tax on sales of coffee from cafes. Hipster Coffee Corp is a cafe. The following will bear the statutory incidence of the new tax:HIPSTER COFFEE CORP’S CUSTOMERSHIPSTER COFFEE CORPHIPSTER COFFEE CORP’S EMPLOYEESHIPSTER COFFEE CORP’S SUPPLIERS6. A retail sales tax on remote sellers will produce as much revenue as a use tax on in-state purchasers.TRUEFALSE7. The majority opinion in Wayfair did the followingAFFIRMED THE AUTHORITY OF THE COURT UNDER THE DORMANT COMMERCE CLAUSEAFFIRMED THE AUTHORITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA TO TAX REMOTE SELLERS ON PURCHASES MADE BY SOUTH DAKOTA RESIDENTSRELIED ON THE INCREASE IN E-COMMERCE SALES TO SUPPORT ITS DECISIONALL OF THE ABOVE8. The buyer bears more of the consumption tax in market types involving:INELASTIC SUPPLYINELASTIC DEMANDELASTIC SUPPLYBOTH INELASTIC DEMAND AND ELASTIC SUPPLY9. Joel Slemrod describes what he calls the hierarchy of behavioral responses to taxation in his 2002 article (listed on canvas). Which of the following are part of the hierarchy? Select all that apply. (Maybe not only one correct answer)REALAVOIDANCEECONOMIC INCIDENCETIMINGINCOME SHIFTINGHypothetical details:Indiana will replace its fuel taxes with a road mileage tax on January 1, 2020. The tax rate varies across road types; the rate per mile is $0.20 on interstates, $0.15 on state highways and $0.10 on all other roads. Use these details to answer the following questions.10. I decide to reduce the number of miles I drive in 2020 because of this tax. Which of the following best describes this type of response?REALSHIFTINGTIMINGEVASION11. I decide to take a road trip in December 2019 because of tax. The trip was originally planned for February 2020. Which of the following best describes this type of response?REALTIMINGSHIFTINGEVASION12. I usually drive on the interstate for all of my trips. However, I plan to use the local roads as much as possible in 2020. Which of the following best describes this type of response?SHIFTINGREALEVASIONTIMING13. I plan to buy an electronic device that I can use to adjust the recorded mileage on my car. Which of the following best describes this type of response?TIMINGREALEVASIONSHIFTING14. Given the empirical described by Slemrod (2002), which response is expected to be smallest?REDUCTION IN USE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYSTAKING ROAD TRIP IN 2019 RATHER THAN 2020REDUCTION IN NUMBER OF MILES DRIVENADJUSTING ODOMETER (ODOMETER RECORDS MILEAGE) WITH ELECTRONIC DEVICE15. Assuming the government is interested in maximizing social welfare, the efficiency cost of taxation is driven by income effects. TRUEFALSE16. England introduced a window tax in 1696. Many new buildings were constructed with fewer windows in response to the tax. This type of response is best described as tax evasion.TRUEFALSE
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
1. A tax on coffee which leads the consumer to consume more
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.