1. (5 points) Define f (x) = sin(x) + cos(x) and n x2k+1[0, 2π].2. (5 points) Write a Matlab script that plots a closed curve(px(t), py(t)), 0 ≤ t ≤ 1that passes through the points (0, 0), (0, 3), and (4, 0). The functions px and py shouldbe cubic polynomials. The plot should be based on one hundred evaluations of px andpy.3. (5 points) For n = 5, 10, and 15, find the Newton interpolating polynomial pn for thefunction f(x) = 1/(1 + x2) on the interval [−5, 5]. Use equally spaced nodes. In eachcase, compute f(x) − pn(x) for 30 equally spaced points in [−5, 5] in order to see thedivergence of pn from f.4. (5 points) Let h be a “small” number. The derivative of a function f at x0 can beapproximated by a forward divided differencef′(x0) ≈ f(x0 + h) − f(x0)hand by central divided differencef′(x0)≈ f(x0 +h)−f(x0 −h).2hFor the function f(x) = sin(x), plot the error when these approximations are used toestimate f′(1) = cos(1) for h = 10−1, 10−2, . . . , 10−16. Repeat with x0 = 1 + 106π. Useloglog for each of the four plots and display them all in the same window using subplot.Be sure to title each plot and label the axes appropriately. Your script should not haveany loops.
Free up your time by getting your academic assignments done faster- without compromising on quality!
Custom Academic Papers
100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!
1. (5 points) Define f (x) = sin(x) + cos(x) and n x2k+1[
Our Service Charter
- Professional & Expert Writers: Solving Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
- Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have 5+ years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
- Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by us are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
- Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Solving Essays is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
- 24/7 Customer Support: At Solving Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all our customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.